Monday, September 12, 2011

Musing Mondays


This week’s musing asks…

What is the one (or maybe two) qualities a book must have for you to pass it along to your best friend as a “must-read”?


It must be a book taht I can't put down, one of those that I have to pry my fingers loose to do anything else. That usually comes from the book having a strong plot. The other thing that it must possess is beautiful writing. I don't care how fantastic the story is if the writing is below average, which is what I see happening with a lot of YA books nowadays. Interesting plot, awful writing.
If those two things are present, then it's one of those books I have to make everyone around me read. I.E.: Poiwonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, pretty much everything by Margaret Atwood, The Egyptologist by Arthur Phillips.



No comments: