Monday, June 17, 2013

Musing Mondays


Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.


A Fine and Private Place
My sister recommended A Fine and Private Place by  a while ago. He's the author of The Last Unicorn, and my sister really loved the book so I started it last week. It's a very interesting read so far. His writing is gorgeous and incredibly perceptive. I'm amazed at the skill he has with dialogue and with descriptions. Definitely enjoying it.















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like paranormal stories. Hope you enjoy. Thanks for stopping by my site earlier.

Anonymous said...

I'm reading Ink by Damien Walters Grintalis. After reading a draft of my novel, a friend told me that I needed to improve my descriptions. He recommended this book as a good example of a book with well-written descriptions. So far I would definitely agree. I think the plot could have a little more intrigue, but I'm 40% of the way through so it may improve.

Anonymous said...

This sounds really interesting! Just added to my TBR list, thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Look like a great read I am going to add it to my TBR. I a currently reading the first Anita Blake book, I am on the fence about how much I like it. We will see how I feel at the end.