Thursday, January 12, 2012
Booking Through Thursday
But enough about interviewing other people. It’s time I interviewed YOU.
1. What’s your favorite time of day to read?
Late afternoon, when the sun is falling.
2. Do you read during breakfast? (Assuming you eat breakfast.)
I do, Sometimes the book world news on the computer, other times whatever book I have on hand.
3. What’s your favorite breakfast food? (Noting that breakfast foods can be eaten any time of day.)
Cereal or oatmeal.
4. How many hours a day would you say you read?
Hmm. About four or five.
5. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago?
I am 26, so I definitely have more time now than I did when I was 16 and in an arts high school that took up all of my time.
6. Do you consider yourself a speed reader?
I do read pretty quickly, about a book a week.
7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Mindreading, for sure.
8. Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go?
Oh, yes, sometimes two.
9. What KIND of book?
Fiction. Whatever I happen to be immersed in at the moment, even if it weighs 10 pounds.
10. How old were you when you got your first library card?
I was about ten.
11. What’s the oldest book you have in your collection? (Oldest physical copy? Longest in the collection? Oldest copyright?)
I have a copy of Edgar Allan Poe's The Golden Bug that is from 1910.
12. Do you read in bed?
13. Do you write in your books?
I am very messy with my books. I write everything from comments about the plot, to lists for the supermarket.
14. If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be?
Read all kinds of books. Even those that you think wouldn't interest you. You never know what will inspire you.