Friday, March 15, 2013

Follow Friday




Activity! Hopefully warm weather for most of us is here soon…so tell us about your favorite outdoor reading spot. Or take a picture.


Well, I don't really have an outdoor reading spot. This is not because there aren't nice spots in my backyard but because I have a very, very obsessive bird. Let me explain: I have a pet mynah bird, one I've raised since he was a baby. He's become really attached to me, considers me his mom. This little mynah bird follows me around the entire house and sleeps on my shoulder, but since he doesn't have his wings cut, I'm too afraid to let him out. The problem is that if he sees me sitting outside, he starts crying and pecking at the door. It's too sad. I can't put him through that. Yeah, I know, I'm spoiling him, but he's too adorable to make him stress out. I can read inside.

The first picture is when he was a baby. He had a little injured foot from where he fell off his nest. His parents abandoned him, so I started taking care of him.



And that's him now, perched, as always on my shoulder.


















14 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Aww! That's sweet! That's a very good reason for reading indoors! Me, I just do it because our weather isn't always nice!

Here's my Follow Friday

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Amie said...

Thanks for sharing your story. Look at him, so happy on your shoulder >_<
Anyway thanks for stopping by and now I'm following you back via GFC

Amie from Magic of words

Trish said...

oh my goodness so neat! what a lovely bird :)

old follower

trish - my follow friday

Anonymous said...

Wow he's gorgeous!! :)
Thanks for stopping by my FF :)
*new GFC follower btw* :)

Unknown said...

Wow, I love him. I wouldn't be able to leave him alone either! :)

New follower
Roxy @ Story Envy

Spiced Latte said...

New GFC Follower!
Super happy that I found your blog and I'm looking forward to talking books with you.
http://spicedlatte.blogspot.com/

The Readdicts said...

Aw, your birdie is so cute! Say hi to him from me. :D I love reading indoors as well, but we do have a nice outdoor spot at home where I can sit and read!

Old follower!

Thank you for stopping by my F&FF earlier. Happy reading!

Sarika @ The Readdicts

Danielle Annett said...

New GFC follower, glad I found your blog through FFF and I'm looking forward to talking books with you
Danielle@ Coffee and Characters
www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com

Avanti said...

Such a nice looking bird. That's nice of you to "adopt" him.
Thanks for visiting my blog!

Monica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monica said...

Cool bird. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Now following.

Unknown said...

Naw he's very cute!
I'm an old follower, here's My FF

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by! cute birdie :)

I followed back!

Naomi Hop said...

Aww... that is the cutest!! You must have patience, I wouldn't be able to handle it!!

Nice spot!! Hope you have plenty of time to enjoy it!!

Thanx for visiting my FF!
Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
Old Follower :)