Friday, March 18, 2011



How to play along: Share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments. Include the title and the author so we know what you're reading. Then, if you feel so moved, let us know what your first impressions were based on that first line, and let us know if you liked or did not like the sentence. The link-up will be at A Few More Pages every Friday and will be open for the entire week.



From Your Voice in my Head by Emma Forrest

"I was looking for weekend work, and though it was a Saturday job at a hairdresser's I was after, somewhere in my teenage mind I thought that Ophelia might need a handmaiden."

I love the reference to Ophelia, it already sets the mood for the memoir of manic depression that is to follow. Love it.

4 comments:

Katy said...

I love that cover. You've got a very pretty blog here Valentina! Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings!

Anonymous said...

That's a very good beginning. I have to agree with Katy, your blog is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

You guys are sweet, thanks.

Kathy Martin said...

Great cover and very interesting first sentence. I hope you are enjoying the book. Happy reading!