Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!





From The Fourth Queen by Mark Miller

The Queen of the Northern Wood’s eyelids felt so heavy and even though the
song was gone, she still wanted only to sleep. Th rough the haze that had become her
vision, she could make out the shapes of two other people closing in around her and
she could hear the elf ’s voice so far away as if she was at the bottom of a deep well and
the water was splashing in her ears.

pg. 13


8 comments:

fredamans said...

Beautifully written!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday.html

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Wow. That sounds like a very poetic book. Lovely.

Anonymous said...

That quote makes me want to learn more about the book. And the cover is very pretty.

Confuzzled Shannon said...

Lovely sounds like my kind of book. ;-)

Confuzzled Shannon said...

I have to say I like this quote in your side bar as well " On some of my darkest days. Lucifer's the one who comes and gives me an ice cream." Tori Amos. I have to remember to tell my husband that one. lol

Trish @ In So Many Words said...

Magical! Thanks for stopping by my TT. :)

Unknown said...

Very nice teaser.

Preet said...

Wow, I so want to read this! Thanks for checking out my blog! BTW, I love your layout!

Preet
A Written Rhapsody