Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's list: Top Ten Books that Came Recommended
I have tons.
1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling. Recommended by pretty much everyone.
2. Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. My sister recommended this one, and I will be forever in her debt.
3. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. This one was my mom's recommendation and boy was she right. I've read it at least three times.
4. Narcissus and Goldmund by Herman Hesse. Another book my mom practically shoved down my throat and one which I love.
5. The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber. Another one my mom recommended.
6. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky. No suprise here since it's my favorite in the whole world. I have to thank my AP English teacher for this one. Thank you Mr. Remis!
7. Complete Stories and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe by Edgar Allan Poe . Another one my mom recommended.
8. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. Yeah, you guessed it, my mom.
9. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur C. Doyle. My mom, yet again. She seems to talk a lot, doesn't she?
10. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. A friend actually bought this one for me, and it is fabulous.