Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's list: Books You've in Some Way Lied About
Ooh, this one is an evil one!
1. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. Ok, I've said I've read this and I know I should read this, I know, and yet...I can't do it. I've read some of his other books and I don't enjoy his style. It's, dare I say it, dull. Gods of Literature, please don't throw lightning bolts!
2. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. No, I haven't read it, and I don't plan to. I think watching the movie is more than enough.
3. Romance novels in general. I must admit, I have read some, which is something I should own up to, but for some reason always find it a bit embarassing.
4. The Odyssey by Homer. I've read parts but never the whole thing.
5. I said I liked Middlemarch by George Eliot, when in fact, I think I hated every minute of that book. Don't know why I didn't just set it aside.
That's all I can come up with. I'm usually pretty honest with my book choices.