Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's list: Top Ten Biggest Jerks in Literature
1. Nathan Price from the Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. This man was the epitome of repressed, abusive maleness. Hateful creature.
2. Tom Buchanan from the Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. A bit of a pig, racist and cheating a-hole. Yup, a real jerk.
3. Quentin Coldwater from The Magicians by Lev Grossman. He is indifferent to everything in his life, rejects any type of happiness and is bored by even having magical powers.
4. Alec d'Urberville from Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy. Major jerk, he actually carries a pitchfork!
5. Draco Malfoy from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, because he picks on poor Harry when he's already got issues.
6. Harold from The Stand by Stephen King. He does his best to destroy every plan the "good guys" have, so he deserves to be mentioned.
That's all I can come up with. Huh.