Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



From Fire in the Ashes by Jonathan Kozol

"Having lost so many years of education while he had been homeless-most of the children in the shelters, as I've noted, had seen their schooling interrupted frequently-his basic skills were already very low. His attendance was, in any case, haphazard."
pg. 18 (ARC)













12 comments:

Tracy said...

That's quite a sad teaser, though I would expect the book to be heartfelt. Good tease!

Thanks for stopping by The Coffee Pot! :)

Vonnie said...

The sad realities of life.

I have two teasers.

Moniquereads said...

That's an interesting but sad teaser. I have seen this book somewhere and the cover photo caught my attention. I am looking forward to seeing your review.

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Agree with the others, that is pretty sad.

Here's my Teaser

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Alice Audrey said...

That's a recipe for a drop out.

Great teaser. Please check out my teaser.

Kate @ Kates Book Life said...

I have never even heard of this book before this week. It does seem sad. Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Very serious teaser. It is good to read sometimes something more than the fluffy fiction I tend to favor tho.

Pooch said...

Very challenging life. Hope it improves as the story moves along.

:)

~Sara @ Just Another Story said...

This is really sad. I hope you're enjoying your book. Thanks for stopping by.

Sara @ Just Another Story

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

Aww, that is so sad. I hope you enjoy the read. :)

~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

Sarah said...

Education is one of those things so many people take for granted. Great teaser. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)