Monday, December 31, 2012

2012: A Look Back

So here we are, on the cusp of a new year. I have barely felt the passing of the months, but as I look back at the list of books, 175 of them, to be precise, I've read this year, I am pulled back in time.
I skim through the titles and remember bits and pieces of where I was while reading it, what was happening in my life. The positive things, the worries, all imprinted into the pages of each book.

As every year, I've had a few books that have stood apart from the "crowd". These are the books that have stayed with me as I made my way through this year, helping me and inspiring me.

One of these was The Cranes Dance by Meg Howrey, a gorgeous novel. You can read my review here.
Another  was the middle grade novel The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen. Clever bit of storytelling. My review is here.
I do have to say that Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn has to be my absolute favorite read this year. An incredible story. You can read my review here.
Another fabulous read was Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens. A great thriller. You can read the review here.
And, the one book I would have never thought that I'd enjoy but ended up loving, Rage is Back by Adam Mansbach. My review is here.

I feel guilty about not mentioning all the books I read this year, since they were all, except for maybe a couple, entertaining and fascinating in their own ways. But these are the ones that really struck me.

So, here's to next year, another year of books and the magic that comes along with them!

I hope all of you have a thrilling New Year.

Tip of my hat to 2012. We had some good times!
And I'll see you all in the dawning 2013!



2 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I also loved Gone Girl, too; and Never Knowing was a favorite last year.

Enjoy the New Year!

Book Bunny said...

I so agree about Gone Girl, it was awasome! Maybe the best book I've ever written :)
I just started following your blog and I gotta say it looks amazing! One of the prettiest blogs I've seen in a while!