Monday, July 2, 2012

Musing Mondays

This week’s musing asks…


When you’re stuck for a book to read next, what do you do?

I rarely get stuck when choosing what to read next. I just have so many books waiting for my attentio that I can just point at my pile and grab one I want to read. Sometimes, though, if I have a three or four that are asking for my attention, I bring in my secret choosing weapon: Barbossa my boa. I put the books on the floor and which ever one he slithers around, that's the one I read. Pretty scientific, isn't it?

There he is, choosing The Innocents by Francesca Segal

























9 comments:

Vonnie said...

Wow! I don't think many people use their snakes to give them their next read.

collettakay said...

Too funny! and very unique!

Thanks for stopping by :)

Colletta

caite said...

oh my...I would never read again!!

Susan Oloier said...

That has to be the most unique way of choosing I book I have ever come across. Love it!

Gigi Ann said...

First off!!!! I would freak out if a snake was loose in my apartment....But, to each his own, if it works why fix it?

Thanks for your visit today.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I love your background.

You know most people would have a cat or a dog, but why do you have a snake? Aren't you scared of it? I know it sounds like a stupid question but it looks so scary >.< (Great method, though).

JC Jones said...

Very unique way to choose. Thanks for visiting..

Lianne said...

Best. Book selection method. Ever. :D Barbossa's so pretty!

brandileigh2003 said...

Personally I have to keep a list of books by pub dates so the reviews are published soon before or after for the ones that I am sent to review.
If I have a break, then I just read what sounds the best.
IceyBooks has a new feature where readers can vote for what you read next and I have also done that a couple of times.
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog