Monday, December 2, 2013

Musing Mondays

MusingMondays5Do you have a preference between “person” in the books you read? Do you prefer third-person to first-person? Or don’t you care? And, why?

I usually prefer first person, both while reading and writing. I like to get into a character's head, and while you can still do this in third person, it is always more effective in first person. I also really enjoy unreliable narrators, and this can only be achieved if the writing is in first person.










2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I like both ways, but I've been reading more first person since most cozy mysteries are written in first person. I like getting into the main characters head and know where she's coming from.

Unknown said...

I don't have a preference. For me, if the book is well written it doesn't matter.

Thanks for visiting my blog.