Thursday, March 15, 2012

Booking Through Thursday


Have you ever used a book to instruct someone of something or is there anyone for whom you would like to do that? (I don’t mean a text book for a class, but a work of fiction or non-fiction that would get a certain message across either through plot or character). What is the book and what do you wish to impart?


I used one on myself, I guess. When I was struggling with a severe eating disorder I made myself read Slim to None: A Journey Through the Wasteland of Anorexia Treatment by Jennifer Hendricks, Gordon Hendricks

It's a non-fiction account, taken from diary entries, of a girl's stuggle with anorexia. It is a frightening memoir. And it helped a lot. I make myself read it every once in a while, to remind myself of the danger I've been in.






3 comments:

Eva said...

That must have been hard.

I hope you're doing ok now.

Elisa N. said...

That is great that the account helped you. I will have to check out that book and be sure to recommend it to anyone struggling with anorexia. Thank you!

Reading Kelly said...

I'm happy that book was able to help you and have an influence on you.
Thanks for stopping by my BTT :)