Thursday, March 29, 2012

Booking Through Thursday


Are there any fictional characters whom you have emulated (or tried to)? Who and why?
What literary character do you feel is most like you personality-wise (explain)?

Both tough ones today. Hmm. I can probably say I've tried to emulate characters like Hermione, the smart type that are not afraid to be the ones with the answers. Or Sherlock Holmes, even, and be able to read people with one look.
I, however, feel like I'm similar to Raskolnikov from Crime and Punishment. Okay, let's not feak out, I'm not going around murdering old pawn brokers. What I mean is that Raskolnikov is a bit of a recluse, with many unresolved issues within himself. He is at constant battle with his brain and his heart, placing reason above all else, yet strugling to live a "normal" life. One of the reasons why I love that book so much is because I can identify completely with the power struggle going on in his brain.








3 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ah, Dostoevsky! I do remember loving those books....

Thanks for visiting my blog, and enjoy your weekend.

Kristin A. said...

Both Great choices!

MY BTT@BloodSweatandBooks

Unknown said...

Awesome answer!