Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


From The Darkness by Crystal Connor

"As Adam eased his way closer to his mother's closet he realized that this room was his favorite place in the world to be. When he was upset, sick, or scared, or just needed a quiet place to think, this is where he always came-to his mother's room."
pg. 179


15 comments:

CYP @ A Bookalicious Story said...

It sounds so...serene. Haha. I think it's the teaser PLUS your blog's background that gives that feeling. Weird..

Great teaser by the way!

CYP

Anonymous said...

How beautiful...of course I'm scared to death that something awful is about to happen! Nice teaser. Lovely web site too:)One for my TBR!

Unknown said...

that is a lovely teaser. Thank you for dropping by and seeing mine.

Christin said...

He sounds so peaceful! But the cover and title don't match - it makes me wonder what's going go wrong.

My Teaser

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

I'm with everyone else...my guess is that it USED to be a place of peace for him...but no longer!!!

Thanks for visiting My Teaser Tuesday

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

Kirsten said...

just hopped over here from Should be Reading and omg what a gorgeous blog!

Gwenyth Love said...

Great teaser. I see you made it further in the book than I did. I just couldn't get into this one. Thanks for sharing! Here is mine for this week.

Sullivan McPig said...

A beautiful teaser.
I love the Waterhouse theme of your blog!

Kristin Aragon said...

That is exactly how I feel about my room! Sounds like a great book.

My Tuesday Teaser

Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

Bookworm Lisa said...

I remember the days when parents were able to comfort me. Great teaser. Thanks for stopping by my IMM today.

Paige said...

Sounds like a sweet book =) Come check out my TT

http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday.html

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Sounds interesting! We all need a place to retreat to!

Here's my teaser

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

I always like having that one place you can come to.

Bex said...

Aww... well it's always good to have those places. Great teaser! Very intriguing.

My teaser is from the wonderful and mysterious novel The Night Circus.

Marina said...

I'm digging the cover of that book. Very different. Thanks for checking out my TT.