Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


From A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
"I guess I had never bothered to consider that there might be such a thing as a boy, but now that I had found one, I thought it was just about the most wonderful concept in the world. He smelled of mud and sugar and an animal I'd never scented before, and a faint meaty odor clung to his fingers, so I licked them."

pg. 67


11 comments:

Tiffany Drew said...

This looks like such a good book, I've had my eye on it for a while. I love a good dog story. I also love the cover, and not only because the dog on it looks just like mine :)

Thank you for stopping by Book Cover Justice!!

Cherie Reich said...

Aww! That's such a great teaser. I love how it's from the dog's perspective.

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

That sounds cute! Never thought of a book from a dog's pov!

Here's my Teaser

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Anonymous said...

:) Thanks for stopping by.

Aww, that's such a sweet teaser!

Amanda Roper said...

I am a cat person, but this does sound interesting

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Totally the sort of thing a dog would say.

Here is mine

Keisha said...

That's the best description of a boy I've ever heard--it's 100% spot on! Sounds like a really interesting book, but I think it would make me miss my dog too much...

My TT this week is from Towers of Midnight

Bev Hankins said...

Oh! I love it--told completely from the dog's point of view? That would be great!

Here's my TT: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesdays_18.html

Heather said...

I take it the entire book is from the dog's POV? Thanks for visiting!

Fireflywishes said...

That sounds so cute! The perspective from a dog's view, that'd be really interesting!

April @ My Shelf Confessions

Jackee Renahe said...

Aww, what a great teaser! This looks like such a cute read. This is Ren from Ren's Rambles by the way, thank you so much for stopping by my blog earlier. =)