Monday, October 10, 2011

Musing Mondays


What types of nonfiction do you read? Can do multiple choices.

CHOICES:

- e-books
- Mythology/Folklore
- Travel/Locations
- Humor
- History
- Art, including art history
- Science including forensics
- Gardening/Nature
- Political
- Financial/Economical
- Religious
- Self-help
- How-to books
- Books on writing
- Audio books
- Biography
- Autobiography
- Sports
- Architecture
- Fitness/Exercise/Nutrition/Beauty
- Other
- None of the above


I usually tend to stick with fiction, but sometimes a non-fiction will catch my eye. I enjoy reading about writer's lives, or books on writing. I'm also fascinated by accounts of people that have struggled with addictions. Mythology and folklore are always fun to read also. For me, if it looks interesting, I'll pick it up, regardless of subject matter.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah. I wouldn't mind reading nonfiction Mythology and folklore. I might also like history, but it has to be cool history...like the Egyptians or the Greek! :D
Thanks for stopping by!

Demijel said...

Oooh, we've got pretty similar tastes in non-fiction :)

Thank you for sharing!

Demi @ Only Somewhat Queer

Melissa Wiebe said...

Mostly fiction, but when I do read non-fic, it is usually either sports or history, with a smattering of memoirs and biographies.

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

I prefer fiction to non-fiction as well. Those stories where people talk about their addiction tend to be very interesting, I absolutely agree.

Thank you for stopping by :)
Vicky x

caite said...

I am not a big non-fiction fan. In the past most of my non-fiction were reference books on various subjects... with the internet now, they tend to be out of date dust catchers.

Bev Hankins said...

I read humor, history, biography, essays, books about books (like Howards End Is on the Landing, and anything else that looks interesting. I prefer fiction--but the girl's gotta read, so if I like the sound of it, I'll read it.