Monday, October 17, 2011

Musing Mondays


This week’s musing asks…

Do you judge a book by its cover?

I think, in a way, we all do. It doesn't mean we won't pick the book up if it has an awful cover, but I at least will think "that's an unfortunate cover". Some of those romance novels really take the cake. It's like they want to make sure you and everyone else within viewing distance can see you are reading one of "those" books. I also think that's where a lot of self-published authors struggle: in creating a lovely, catchy cover. Some of the self-pub books I've read and that I've really enjoyed have horrendous covers. So, while I do judge a book by it's appearance, it doesn't deter me from picking it up.


2 comments:

Debbie said...

I just love a good cover, and sometimes the really bad ones catch my eye as well!

Yvonne said...

I so agree! Some of the romances have awful covers which is why romances sometimes get a bad rap. I agree about the self-published authors too. Some are cute, but some are really bad.