Thursday, November 29, 2012

Booking Through Thursday


Can you imagine NOT being a Reader? How does it shape your life? Your perception of it?
How does being a Reader affect your relationship with all those folks who are looking at it from the other side and simply can’t understand how you can sit and READ all the time?


I cannot imagine not being a reader. Sometimes it feels like I've always read, from the second I was born. I've met people who go their entire lives without immersing themselves in books and for me it's like looking at an alien species. How do they make it through their days? How can they not long to feel the kind of connection, of wonder, a book brings? I mentioned last week that I suffer from severe depression and the only thing that sometimes brings me any comfort at all are books. The beauty and wonder of words.

















3 comments:

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I find that reading helps me, as well, when I am going through a rough patch. I find books to be little wonders -- they are like little worlds that I can escape to and sometimes I need to do just that!

Gigi Ann said...

I'm sorry to hear about your severe depression. I hope you can find relief soon, but in the meantime, as you said reading helps. I love reading and I read for fun and entertainment. My Mother didn't get a TV until I was about 14 years old, therefore I had to entertain myself, what a lifesaver books can be. When I hear anyone say they are bored, I say grab a book and read, it will take you anywhere you want to go.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I had my favorite stories memorized because my mother read to me before I could read myself. I can't remember a time when I didn't read. Books are what get me through the more difficult times in my life.

2 Kids and Tired Books BTT