Thursday, February 9, 2012
Booking Through Thursday
If you had to pick only 5 books to read ever again, what would they be and why?
This question is pure evil. However, I will attempt to answer it.
1. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky. This is my favorite book, ever, and I've already read it many times, but I cannot imagine my life without being able to read it again.
2. The last Harry Potter book. It is too awesome to not read again. The other ones, although they are fabulous, I could handle not rereading, but this one is not an option.
3. War of the Twins by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. This is part of the Dragonlance Legends trilogy, and is my favorite of the three, so I'd want to be able to reread it.
4. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. The writing in this book is so incredible, that I think I'd need a few lifetimes to really absorb it all.
5. And finally, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Of all the Gothic novels, this one is my favorite. I read it when I was 12 and every time I even think about the story, I'm thrown back in time.