Monday, February 27, 2012

Musing Mondays


This week’s musing asks…

• Do you read books that are part of a series?
• Do you collect all the books in the series before starting? What if the series is brand new, and the only book that’s been published so far is Book one? As subsequent books in the series are published, do you go back and re-read the preceding books?

I do read books that are part of a series. I don't tend to collect them all before starting, although if I really love the first one I will definitely rush to buy the rest of them if they're available. The Harry Potter series is the best example, of course, but also Stephen King's The Dark Tower series, as well as the Dragonlance series.
Sometimes, if it's been a really long while since I've read the previous book, I'll reread it before the next installment comes along, but it's not the usual for me.








6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome MM.

Check mine out Here

JC Jones said...

I'm like you. I want then in order if possible and if I really love the series I want to own them all.

Kwizgiver said...

Count me in for reading the books in order, too!

Dalene @ A Date with a Book said...

Hhmm Haven't heard of Dragonlance series, may need to look that up. Great MM!

Elizabeth said...

I'm like you in that I don't get all the books in a series before I read the first one. I don't want to have them all if I don't like it. If I do like it, I'll continue reading the series, but I don't usually read them consecutively. I read other books in between.

Cathy De Los Santos said...

If they are out already then I have to get them all. But rereading not so much. Thanks for stopping by.