Friday, February 17, 2012

Follow Friday


Q: BeefcakeandBabes Asks: I like unique names for characters and am looking forward to coming up with some when I start writing. What’s the most unique character name you’ve come across?

Well, if we're talking unique names, probably any from the Dragonlance series would work, mainly because it's high fantasy. They include: Tika, Raistlin, Crysania, Flint, Kitiara, etc.
Another one that struck me the first time I heard it was Coraline, from the book by the same name by Neil Gaiman.





10 comments:

Book Lover, Not Reviewer said...

Thx u for stopping by my blog, http://booklovermaria.blogspot.com/ ,following you back! you chose great names. Crysania is my fave! It's kinda pretty. ^.^

Rachel Rowlands said...

Thanks for the follow, I've followed back.

You picked some really pretty names.

Christy said...

Those are some unusual names. Old follower hopping thru...have a great weekend!

Bark At The Ghouls said...

Yes, Coraline. I love that one.

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Those are some unique names!

Here's my Friday Hops

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

WickedWillow said...

old follower hopping through. I LOVE CORALINE!
^^
Check out my post here

veela-valoom said...

Coraline is quite a lovely name.

I don't like extremely odd names actually in books. Sometimes I find it distracting, particularly if I can't pronounce it in my head.

K.D.Aziz said...

Fantasy was the first thing I thought of with this question. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

Jez said...

Coraline is beautiful, so is Kitika. It sounds very strong.

Don't forget to enter my international giveaways!
The New Death and Others eBook Giveaway
Fractured Light eBook Giveaway

Jez@Jez's Bookcase

Preet said...

All those names sound really classy to me.

Preet
AWR