Thursday, May 24, 2012

Booking Through Thursday


Do you have any pet that has a name inspired by your readings?

If not, what would you pick if you DID?


Oh, yes. Bear with me, since I have lots and lots of pets. Okay, our Siberian Husky is named Fyodor, after Dostoevsky; we have two cats named after Ichabod Crane and Katrina from Irving's The Legend of Sleepy Hollow; we have another cat named Tika after a character in Dragonlance; one of my snakes is called Tybalt, after the character in Romeo and Juliet; another cat named Dante. We've had many others throughout the years, but those are the ones with literary names at the moment.







7 comments:

Reading Kelly said...

I love that all of your pets have literary names. I'm going to have to read some of these books too :)

Unknown said...

Wow, those are all great names! I like Dante.
thanks for stopping by my BTT.

Lisa (Reading to the Moon) said...

Very nice names. I have a cat named Sookie (after Sookie Stackhouse)but that's a little more pop culture than literary, although she is named after book Sookie, not TV Sookie.

SF said...

Wow, that is quite an impressive collection of pets--and names!

Eva said...

Love the different names.
When we got a new cat a literary name was a must.

Priya said...

Ooh these are awesome pet-names. I'd like a cat named Dante!

Petra said...

What a beautiful Husky! :)
And amazing name. ;) We have 3 dogs and 3 cats. One of the dogs, the Irish Wolfhound girl, is called Darcy. :)
And one of the cats is called Antis, but I nicknamed him Anton Pavlovich Chekhov. :)