Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Bit of Me(me)


This meme is hosted by There's a Book.


This Weeks Question: If you could change something about yourself, what would it be & why?

This one is a loaded question. Well, I suffer from seasonal depression (the rarer one that strikes during summer, not during winter), so I guess I'd change the way my mind functions when it comes to keeping me stable mood-wise in the months that should be spent frollicking on the beach. Kind of a sucky answer, sorry if I bum any of youout, but it's what immideately came to my head.


5 comments:

CMash said...

Sorry to hear that you have to deal with depression. It is a disease that is, in my opinion, very misunderstood by family and friends. I have heard of seasonal depression, but did not know there was a rarer form. Thank you for teaching me something new today. Thank you for stopping by my place, your blog is beautiful.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I've had my bouts of depression over the years, and while mine didn't come in the summer, it did come in the spring. Yes, the beauty of spring used to bum me out!

Situational depressions have grabbed me, too.

Hang in there....and thanks for visiting my blog.

Jen Vincent said...

That is a bummer that you have to deal with seasonal depression. I've never heard of this rarer form either but it doesn't sound like fun. I don't think it's a sucky answer, it's an honest answer. Thanks for sharing.

The1stdaughter said...

I have exactly the same problem! People never understand why I'd much rather live somewhere that rains and is overcast most of the year. To me it's so much more cozy and happy that way. So I'm sorry to have to say, I absolutely understand where you're coming from. And I truly hope that it gets better at some point for you. {{hugs}}

Unknown said...

I'm very sympathetic to that one, it's something I probably would have listed if I'd thought of it. My depression is more chronic rather than seasonal, and it's definitely a burden. It's something that I consider people to either "get" or not...and I really envy those people who don't understand depression or have experienced it in any serious manner.