Monday, April 4, 2011

Unsavory Delicacies by Russell Brooks


Unsavory Delicacied by Russell Brooks
This collection of three stories was a delight to read. The writing is concise without being dull and the plot lines are a fun addition to the suspense genre.

The first one, in my opinion, is the strongest, with multiple twists and a strong female lead. I was warned by the author himself not to eat while reading “To the Last Bite” and I pass that nugget of advice down to any potential readers. I won’t tell you why, but take my word for it.

All three stories revolve around food and restaurants, giving the book a charming connecting line that a lot of short story collections lack. It is fast-paced and amusing, not a single moment of boredom, so if you are on the lookout for something different to read. I recommend this punchy book.


Here are the buy links, sent directly from the author:

Amazon
Amazon UK
Smashwords
Br&N
XinXii

No comments: