Thursday, April 28, 2011

Booking Through Thursday



This week's question: If you could see one book turned into the perfect movie–one that would capture everything you love, the characters, the look, the feel, the story–what book would you choose?



I would love to see Lisey's Story by Stephen King as a movie. It's such a wonderful book, so well planned and well thought out, that I think it would make a fabulous movie.


Lisey Debusher Landon lost her husband Scott two years ago, after a twenty-five year marriage of the most profound and sometimes frightening intimacy. Scott was an award-winning, bestselling novelist and a very complicated man. Early in their relationship, before they married, Lisey had to learn from him about books and blood and bools. Later, she understood that there was a place Scott went -- a place that both terrified and healed him, could eat him alive or give him the ideas he needed in order to live. Now it's Lisey's turn to face Scott's demons, Lisey's turn to go to Boo'ya Moon. What begins as a widow's effort to sort through the papers of her celebrated husband becomes a nearly fatal journey into the darkness he inhabited. Perhaps King's most personal and powerful story ever, Lisey's Story is about the wellsprings of creativity, the temptations of madness, and the secret language of love.


9 comments:

Joy said...

Those are definitely some good themes to explore in a movie! I love movies about creativity and creative people.
http://www.joyweesemoll.com/

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I must read this one, which is on my stacks! I think any Stephen King book makes a good movie.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

I've never read anything by Stephen King but I hope to change that soon and this definitely sounds interesting. It must be one of his books that isn't as well known as I've never heard of it and most of his popular works are already movies.

Jo K said...

I haven't read Stephen king for a long time, so I'm not familiar with this book, but it sounds good. Thanks for stopping by my BTT.

Anonymous said...

I haven't read this book as of yet, but it is on my list.Good choice

Come by and see mine and my giveaways.http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I have this book but haven't gotten to it yet. Seeing that you choose it for this BTT, I want to read it asap!

Here's My BTT

Sally said...

Sounds like an interesting book, I've never read any Stephen King before maybe it's time I changed that.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/booking-through-thursday-15.html

FBT said...

I'll watch anything Stephen King anyday, even though I do prefer reading him.

Unknown said...

oh my gosh that sounds fantastic! i haven't stephen king in a million years, but am putting thsi on my books to read! :D

oh, and thanks for visiting my blog! yours in lovely and enchanting! :D