Sunday, April 17, 2011

Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop

Your blog should have content related to books, including, but not limited to book reviews.


1. Enter your book blog link in the Linky List below, including the genre that you review!
In your link, please state the main genre that you review: eclectic, contemp. fiction, ya, paranormal, mystery, non-fiction, etc.


Example: Crazy-for-Books (contemp. adult fiction)


2. Post about the Hop on your blog. Spread the word about the book party! The more the merrier! In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!).


"Pick a character from a book you are currently reading or have just finished and tell us about him/her."




Well, I am currently reading, among other books, The Raven's Bride, which is a fictional account of Edgar A. Poe's romance with his cousin Virginia. I am one of those fanatic Poe fans. By the time I was 9 I'd already read all of his stories and a large number of his poems, so anything that is remotely related to him is a must for me.
I just love his characterization in this book, the mixture of his genius with his many emotional faults. It's incredible to think that someone as gifted as he, could be gripped so tightly by depression an alcoholism. He is as fascinating a character, as I imagine he was a person.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOH. Now this is the sort of stuff I love. I really need to read this one ASAP!

(btw, thanks for stopping by my hop for this past week!)

Undine said...

If you liked this book, you should try and find a copy of an earlier novel about Virginia, "The Very Young Mrs. Poe," by Cothburn O'Neal. There are a number of very peculiar similarities between the two books. I wrote about some of them at the link below, if you're interested.

http://tinyurl.com/6beoyfl

Cataluna6 said...

I haven't read a lot of Poe, mainly his poetry, but I'll have to find some of his stories to read. What I've read I've enjoyed. Thanks for stopping by.