Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Bit of Me(me)



This week's question:

This Weeks Question: If your house was on fire and you could only grab 3 things before leaving, what would they be? (Other than family or pets.)

Well, since I am an aspiring writer, all my journals and my hard drive that contains poems and the novels I'm working on. Then, I 'd grab the whole box of photos we have in our closet (it's all ready and set to go, we believe in fearing the worst at my house)and the two videos of my sister and me as babies. Then if I have time and hands, I would grab a beautiful little statue, an antique, that was passed down through the generations in my family. There are only three like it in the world and, although it would make us quite wealthy if we sold it, it is as mush a part of our family as our photos.

What about you, what would you save?


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just realized that I have a painting from my Grandma in my house that I would save. It's something she painted, and it's just beautiful. Still - so hard to pick just three things!

The1stdaughter said...

This was definitely a tough one, but I'm so glad I'm not alone in the photo album & journals. Those are so important and simply can't be replaced. And how wonderful to have something so unique to your family as that statue, so neat!

Joanna said...

Love the idea of your statue. I have only one piece like that, an old bureau past down from my great grandmother, but too heavy to drag out in case of a fire ;)