Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



This week I chose Caleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks , which comes out in May.


In 1665, Caleb Cheeshah-teaumuck was the first Native American to graduate from Harvard College. Here, Pulitzer Prize winner Brooks imagines that Caleb was befriended by Bethia Mayfield, whose minister father wants to convert the neighboring Wampanoag and makes educating Caleb one of his goals. Bethia, herself desperate for book learning, ends up as an indentured servant in Cambridge, watching Caleb bridge two cultures.



6 comments:

Emma said...

I love Historical fiction. Adding it to my list!

Sakura Sandra said...

Interesting choice! Historical fiction has so much to offer and this sounds like a perfect example of that. I am your newest follower from the WoW this week. Please hop on over to my blog to follow me too. Thank you and have a great week!

-Sandra from http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I so love Historical Fiction. It just makes me smile! Thank you for commenting on my blog and taking the time to read it =)

Just a warning, The Breeds series is paranormal erotica so it is not everyones cup of tea. But if you like a paranormal sexy read, the series is very exciting and steamy!

Hannah Doermann said...

Thanks for commenting on my WoW (:

I don't read too much historical fiction, but this one sounds interesting! Hope you enjoy it when it's released!

Sarah (The Brazen Bookworm) said...

I loved March by Geraldine Brooks, so I'm guessing this one will be good too! Thanks for the heads-up!

Nina @ Death, Books, and Tea said...

Historical fiction...not really my thing, but hope you like it!
Thank you for stopping by my WoW!
Nina xxx