Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Bit of Me(me)




We all leave our “footprint” on the world, in one way or another. We each, individually, do something or are someone that makes the world a little better just by being here. I created this weekly meme to get to know the blogging community I love just a bit better. To know what makes them tick, outside of books, that is. Each week I will post a question to be answered in the following week’s “A Bit of Me(Me)”. Check back each Saturday to get the info for next week’s post and link up with your current post at There's a Book
This Week's Question: What is your favorite type of art? Or do you happen to have a favorite painting/artist/sculpture/etc.?


I have contradictory tastes when it comes to art. On one hand I love Waterhouse's pre-Raphaelite style, I just love the lushness in his paintings. Obviously, since my blog is pasted with his images.













And on the other hand, I adore Salvador Dali's modern style.
Yes, I am complicated.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I do like Dali quite a bit. My tastes are somewhat combative as well...I just buy whatever speaks to me, and it often doesn't really match but I still love it all :)

CMash said...

Beautiful!! I have a lot of respect for you that you seem to have so much knowledge regarding art.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great choices! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Joanna said...

I am not normally a Dali fan, but did like the one you posted. What is its name?

Unknown said...

That one is called "Temptation of Saint Anthony".
It's one of my favorites.