Thursday, April 21, 2011

Booking Through Thursday



This week's question:
CAN you judge a book by its cover?

I say no. There are a lot of wonderful books out there, especially in the fantasy and sci-fi genre, that have horrendous covers. I've picked up more than one book and thought "what a nightmare of a drawing" and ended up loving the story. Just look at Harry Potter, those are not the worst covers I've ever seen but they really are not the best ones either. Imagine if you hadn't picked Sorcere's Stone up?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree.

Confuzzled Shannon said...

Oh i don't know I think the harry potter cover at least in the US are pretty damn good but I do agree with what you are saying.

Anonymous said...

You sometimes can't judge a book by it's cover, you have to look inside.

stop and see mine and my giveaways.

Sally said...

Same here I never judge a book by it's cover. Covers are way to misleading and I don't want to run the risk of missing out on an awesome book just because the cover didn't appeal to me.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/booking-through-thursday-14.html

Anonymous said...

You make a good point, but at the same time I think books that are popular enough like Harry Potter (and even Pride & Prejudice which I referenced in my post) will sell even if they have awful covers.