Monday, April 11, 2011

Musing Mondays




This week’s musing asks…

If you’re a mood reader, what (genre) do your moods usually call you to read?


I almost exclusively read fiction, so I will always grab something that will immerse me in its pages. If I've had a rough week or month, I'll pick up my go-to author for a little distraction: Stephen King. I get so invilved with his books that they have really become almost sacred in my house. If I'm reading a Stephen King, I'm probably feeling overwhelmed.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really interesting that you have one go-to author - I'm not sure I could ever be that specific!

caite said...

you know, I have never read anything by King..but I went through a big Koontz phase once.
My fall back, go-to genre is mysteries...love them.

CMash said...

I used to read King until I read "The Stand" in HS and had nightmares for a long time. To this day, I can still visualize the images I created in my mind from that book.

Lisa said...

Oh I don't have a go-to author! More like..I'll snatch up what's looking shiny from my TBR pile haha.

Yvonne said...

I used to read everything Stephen King wrote. Somewhere along the line I stopped.