Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week: Top Ten Mean Girls in Books
1. Catherine Earnshaw from Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. She is the one of the main characters, but she does have quite a mean side.
2. Queen Takhisis in the Dragonlance Series by Margaret Weis and Tracy hickman. Ok, not so much a girl as a goddess, but she is an evil pain.
3. Rhea from Wizard and Glass by Stephen King. Quite a nasty creature.
4. Bellatrix Lestrange in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. She's completely, wonderfully insane.
5. Blanche Ingram in Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Come on, be honest, we all wanted to slap her a few times.
6. Lady Catherine in Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. So haughty, really got on my nerves.
7. Mrs. Danvers in Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. Evil, evil woman.
Not quite ten, but I just can't seem to remember any other of those hateful females.
How about you?