Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish.

Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

This week: Top Ten Mean Girls in Books

1. Catherine Earnshaw from Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. She is the one of the main characters, but she does have quite a mean side.

2. Queen Takhisis in the Dragonlance Series by Margaret Weis and Tracy hickman. Ok, not so much a girl as a goddess, but she is an evil pain.

3. Rhea from Wizard and Glass by Stephen King. Quite a nasty creature.

4. Bellatrix Lestrange in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. She's completely, wonderfully insane.

5. Blanche Ingram in Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Come on, be honest, we all wanted to slap her a few times.

6. Lady Catherine in Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. So haughty, really got on my nerves.

7. Mrs. Danvers in Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. Evil, evil woman.


Not quite ten, but I just can't seem to remember any other of those hateful females.
How about you?



10 comments:

Jenn said...

Lady Catherine!! I despise that woman! I have to force myself through the sections of the novel that she's in. It becomes a chore. I also love that you describe Bellatrix as "wonderfully insane". She really is.

Trish said...

I had a hard time coming up with ten too. Great list, especially #1, 6 & 7!

Two Bibliomaniacs said...

Great list! I also had Mrs. Danvers. Both of your Catherine's were great choices. Plus, I don't know how I forgot about Bellatrix!

Sophia said...

I nearly put Cathy on my list too, she should have just gone off wth Heathcliffe if she really loved him so much!

Lisa said...

Bellatrix made my list too. I agree with Catherine too. She was a horrible person.

Bibliophile said...

I forgot about Cathy. It's been ages since I read WH, but I remember being very annoyed by her.
Lady Catherine nearly ended up on my list, as did Bellatrix.

Dani said...

Oh, Rhea - I never would have thought of her, but you're absolutely right. Love Bellatrix and Lady Catherine too.

Anonymous said...

I think many of us did have a problem getting up to ten! I saw Bellatrix on someone else's list too and I mentally kicked myself for not adding her to my list!!

I hadn't actually thought of Lady Catherine or Mrs Danvers, but you're right! I remember really hating her when I first read the book...!

Lark Andrea said...

We have Bellatrix in common. Beautiful blog by the way!

Reading Lark's Top 10

Loni said...

Great choice with Lady Catherine. I've seen Bellatrix and Dolores Umbridge on a few lists. The Harry Potter series didn't even come to mind this week.