Monday, April 25, 2011

Musing Mondays


This week’s musing asks…

Do the members of your family read? Do you think it was passed down to you? ((or, if you want you can answer this: Who do you think influenced you as a reader?))


My grandmother was an avid reader, pretty much like I am. She would read whatever she could get her hands on,something she has certainly passed on to me.
My mom reads also, but she is so busy that she is not able to read as much as she'd like. My father reads mostly thrillers and my sister has trouble finding books that keep her entertained for long.
Of the members in my family right now, I'm the one who reads the most, but I think it was passed down to me. I'm sure if you cut me up, my blood is mixed with ink.


10 comments:

CMash said...

What a great comment!!!

Debbie said...

Excellent answer :)

Confuzzled Shannon said...

lol I like that blood flowing with ink!

Kristin said...

I think I win the prize for reading the most in my family, too!

My full answer can be found here.

Anonymous said...

Love the comment about having ink in your blood!

Here's My Musing

Yvonne said...

Terrific answer -- it's obvious that you appreciate the love of literature in your family!

My mother is a teacher, so reading was huge in my family. I shared the love of reading with my daughter, of course, but unfortunately my husband hardly ever reads. He does love comic book, though! :)

caite said...

I am happy that many in my family share my love of reading...someone to share the books with!

Yvonne said...

What a nice answer! I think it's great when it's passed down through the family like this.

Ann said...

I'd have to say reading was passed down to me too, and I do blame my mother for my addiction to buying books - although we have very different tastes!

Unknown said...

I love the literary style in your answer!