Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



From The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta
"The cops hesitated, then checked their advance after receiving a signal from the chief. From where he sat, Kevin had a clear view of the protesters, so he knew by then that his wife was among them."

pg.27



10 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I can't wait to get my copy, coming soon! I love this author's writing.

Great teaser.

Here's MY TT POST

Anonymous said...

This one is really a tease. Definitely makes me want to pick up this book.

Also love the beautiful background you have going here :)

fredamans said...

I wonder why the protest.... good one.

Heather said...

A good teaser. Thanks for visiting!

Jennifer said...

Now I want to know what was being protested.
My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesdays-adam-eve.html

Lark Andrea said...

Hmmm, what is this protest about? I also am really intrigued by the cover. I am going to look into this one.

Reading Lark's Teaser

Good Company said...

I wonder if he is surprised? Great teaser! LOVE the cover -- very interesting!

Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

wow the cover and title alone make me want to read this story - great teaser.

Between the Covers Louise said...

Good teaser. Thanks for stopping by and checking my teaser out!

Louise @ Between the Covers

Priya said...

Sounds wonderful. And I adore the cover design :) Great teaser!