Monday, August 29, 2011

Musing Mondays


This week’s musing is… a book meme!

What was the last book you…
• borrowed from the library?
• bought?
• cried over?
• disliked and couldn’t finish?
• read & loved?
• got for review? (or: got in the mail?)
• gave to someone else?
• stayed up too late reading?


Hmm, lets see:

Borrowed from the library: a biography on Edgar A. Poe by Jeffrey Meyers

Bought: Incognito by David Eagleman

Cried over: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Disliked and couldn't finish: Women who Run with Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes

Read and loved: The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta

Got for review: Winters in Bloom by Lisa Tucker

Gave to someone else: The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

Stayed up too late reading: The Passage by Justin Cronin




6 comments:

Vicki said...

The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver has been on my list to read for some time.
Here's Mine

caite said...

glad you like The Leftovers.
I read two reviews in the NYTimes this weekend..one like it, other did not.

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

I was absolutely not in to The Poisonwood Bible... haha

Mandy said...

The Poisonwood Bible has been on my TBR list for a long time as well. One of these days I'll get to it...

I've heard of Women Who Run With Wolves, always associating it with Angela Carter's retelling of Little Red Riding Hood, The Company of Wolves.

Your list has me thinking of future reads...

Aeicha @ Word Spelunking said...

New follower here!

I think I sobbed my way through Deathly Hallows...both the book and the movies.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hated how The Passage ended on such a cliffhanger and the next book nowhere in sight! Definitely a book to stay up late for :)

Here's my Weekly Meme: Musing Mondays (August 29) post!